The European Commission has set up a response team that aims to address the new coronavirus COVID-19 situation on all major work streams affected by the outbreak. European Commissioner for Home Affairs, Ylva Johansson, will be in charge of border-related issues.
A dedicated webpage containing the latest updates and other relevant information regarding topics such as mobility, civil protection and medical information amongst others is available on the European Commission's website.
The role of the response team is mainly to support Member States in addressing the situation and providing recommendations on a common course of action.
eu-LISA is closely monitoring the situation and is in contact with national health authorities, ready to implement any recommendations and to assist Member States as needed.
- Dedicated webpage: European Commission Coronavirus Response
- Dedicated webpage: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control COVID-19
- Dedicated webpage: World Health Organisation Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak
- Press conference on the EU's response to COVID-19
- Commissioner for Home Affairs Ylva Johansson's intervention