EES, the Entry/Exit System and
- ETIAS, the European Travel Information and Authorisation System,
is now available for:
- air carriers,
- sea carriers and
- international carriers transporting groups overland by coach
through the eu-LISA website, using the following link: bit.ly/eu-LISA-Carriers.
The registration enables carriers to receive all information necessary for the preparation of their respective systems and business processes in order to consult the EU IT systems managed by eu-LISA, as the latter is regulated in the EES and ETIAS legislation.
According to EU law, specifically Regulations
2021/1224, carriers are obliged to query the EES and ETIAS systems to receive answers regarding the status of travellers prior to boarding.
EES, the Entry/Exit System, replaces the manual stamping of passports with an electronic record of entries and exits, and carriers will verify if a third-country national travelling to the EU with a short-stay, single or double entry visa has already used the number of entries authorised by their visa.
ETIAS, the European Travel Information and Authorisation System, carriers will have to verify, prior to boarding, that their visa-exempt passengers have a valid travel authorisation.
To find out more information, consult the dedicated
eu-LISA webpage for:
- step-by-step instructions,
- registration options (currently "System2System" is the available and preferred option),
- as well as specific forms that can be downloaded in order to facilitate their registration and future interactions.
The Forms indicated in step 4 above should be filled in electronically, and sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An overview of the registration process is presented in the infographic below: